Mindfulness is “paying attention in a particular way, on purpose, in the present moment, and non judgmentally” (Kabat-Zinn 1994)The practice of mindfulness helps train and refine the mind and body to become more stable and insightful, thereby increasing optimal functioning. It integrates scientifically proven methods various modern sciences, including medicine and psychology, with the core of the world’s ancient meditative and wisdom traditions.
Mindfulness practices can assist people with various health issues as well as help manage everyday, common stressors.
- Reduce stress hormones and inflammation
- Reduce anxiety, depression and rumination
- Increase the ability to manage pain Increase cognitive functioning, creativity, insight and mental clarity
- Increase emotional intelligence and resilience
- Boost immune function to help fight off colds, flu and other diseases
- Increase serotonin levels, supporting positive mood, better sleep and digestion