Mindful Smoking Cessation
A 6-week course to help you quit smoking!
• Cigarette smoking is the leading cause of preventable death in the US.
• People who stop smoking greatly reduce their risk for disease and early death.
• Seven out of ten smokers in the US want to quit, but find it very hard to do so.
This interactive course is based on clinical research showing that mindfulness training is an effective aid to support smoking cessation, significantly increasing your ability to quit and stay quit.
Mindfulness practices can target the addictive loop found in smoking, helping you experience cravings differently.
The course will included didactic presentations, experiential mindfulness practices, individual and group discussion, and guided mindfulness recordings for at-home use.
In addition to the 6 in-person sessions, participants will receive support through the smartphone app, Craving to Quit®, a 21 day mindfulness-based wellness program based on a successful smoking cessation curriculum developed and tested at Yale, and proven to be twice as effective as a leading quit smoking therapy. A one month subscription is included in your registration.
The course is appropriate for beginners to mindfulness as well as experienced practitioners.
• Understand the habit loop that keeps you smoking
• Learn about and practice mindfulness to help you quit
• Attend weekly group to gain support and encouragement
• Quit smoking in 6 weeks
The Mindfulness Center of Atlanta
2801 Buford Highway
Atlanta, GA 30329
Includes 6 in-person sessions, access to the smartphone app, Craving to Quit®, at-home audio guidance in mindfulness practices