The Mindfulness & Stress Reduction retreat systematically teaches the practice of mindfulness meditation (present moment, non-judgmental awareness) in an intensive residential setting to assist stress reduction, self-reflection and the mobilization of inner resources to support health, healing, spiritual enrichment and personal growth.
Beginners and experienced participants are welcome!
Note: All participants will have the option to participate or to refrain from certain exercises according to their own comfort and safety levels.
- Instruction in mindfulness meditation skills
- Stretching and relaxation exercises
- Mindful gentle yoga practice
- Group reflection and dialogue
- Home practice materials, including guided recordings and handouts
Scientific research shows evidence that mindfulness training can:
- Increase your ability to cope with stress, pain and other health conditions by reducing stress hormones and inflammation markers
- Increase your cognitive functioning, creativity, insight, mental clarity and awareness, and reduce rumination
- Increase your emotional resilience by activating positive emotion circuits
- Increase your serotonin levels, supporting positive mood, better sleep and digestion
Ignatius House Retreat Center 6700 Riverside Dr NW, Atlanta, GA 30328
No matter what the season, or weather, Ignatius House Retreat Center is the perfect place for practicing mindfulness meditation. Located in Sandy Springs, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta, the Center occupies 20 heavily wooded acres overlooking the Chattahoochee River. The expansive grounds feature indigenous trees, plants, wildlife, and even a waterfall. A three-tiered deck, gazebos, and benches provide quiet resting places for meditation and introspection. Walking trails through the woods and the river’s edge, beckon you to outward and inward discovery.
Accommodations and Schedule
The retreat begins at 6:15 p.m. on Friday with a welcome reception and dinner, and ends at 1:30 p.m. following lunch on Sunday. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily and snacks and beverages are always available. All accommodations include a private bedroom with a private bath.
Includes approximately 27 hrs. in-person group sessions, 6 meals, private room and bath, linens, snacks, walking trails. Register here:
Cancellation Policy for Mindfulness Programs: Fees paid for mindfulness programs will be refunded, minus a $25 cancellation fee, if notice of withdrawal from the program is received at least seven (7) days prior to the start date.